With decades of experience, JCRC is the go-to public affairs organization for the Jewish community and a trusted liaison with political and civic leaders. As a convener and advocate, JCRC cultivates the Jewish community’s commitment to Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), providing opportunities for activism and advocacy for the causes we believe in. JCRC is proud to work and build coalitions with interfaith and interethnic partners on issues of shared concern, united by our common pursuit of a just society.
The San Francisco Interfaith Council is blessed to count the JCRC as a valued partner. The contributions made by JCRC to interfaith work in San Francisco, in general, and to advancing the mission of the SFIC, in particular, cannot be overstated. Luminaries at the JCRC were visionaries in the SFIC’s founding and continue to lead the way in engaging ethnically and religiously diverse groups, providing sensible leadership on issues of controversy or concern, and enhancing the quality of life in San Francisco.”-Michael G. Pappas, Executive Director, San Francisco Interfaith Council
Find out about our Democracy Initiative!
Check out our Immigration Action page and get involved!
Past Campaign Highlights
- Stop Homeland Security from separating children from their parents at the border! Your voice can help put an end to the Department of Homeland Security’s inhumane practice of tearing apart immigrant families.
- In the wake of the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, Congress is considering voting on legislation to relax gun control in a number of significant ways. Please, write your Senators and Representative and tell them legislation to relax gun control takes our country in the wrong direction!
- Pass the Dream Act: JCRC urges you to write your congressional representatives in support of the Dream Act of 2017 (S.1615/H.R.3440).
- Stand for Students at San Francisco State University (Read the J Weekly's coverage, "JCRC campaign aimed at ‘toxic culture’ for Jet SFSU.")
- Support the California Values Act (SB 54), which prohibits the use of state and local resources to fuel mass deportations and upholds values of equal treatment, community, family unity and common humanity that JCRC strongly endorses.
- "Bear a Torch for Liberty" shined a light on the people and groups in our community who have stood for the consensus positions that we together strive to uphold as we work with our allies for pluralism and justice. For the several weeks surrounding Hanukah we will be highlighting these torchbearers of liberty whose inspiring work assures a just society and a secure Jewish future.
- "18 Days of Action Against Gun Violence" offered participants 18 different actions and educational resources related to violence prevention and gun control. It was picked up for a story in the J Weekly, "Bay Area Jewish groups push for gun control measures."
- The "Year of Civil Discourse" Initiative was designed to elevate the level of discourse when discussing polarizing issues within our community and help people meaningfully discuss challenging topics in order to inspire and empower one another.