The San Francisco-based Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) is seeking a driven and experienced individual to serve as our next Development Director. This individual will lead our fundraising efforts to advance JCRC’s critical mission, building a just society and a secure Jewish future at a time of growing antisemitism, rising extremism, and expanding societal inequities in our democracy. We are looking for someone eager to grow and sustain our annual approximately $5 million-combined general and restricted campaign, endowment fund, and legacy giving portfolios. Salary range for this position is $140,000 to $150,000.
We are looking for a seasoned development professional who will:
Inspire our People
- Manage our development team with a growth mindset, and motivate staff to perform fundraising functions with excellence. Current department staff include a Development Manager, Grants Manager and Writer, and Administrative and Development Associate.
- Work cross-departmentally with program, finance, marketing/communications, and operations staff to promote a strong culture of development, engage staff directly in the work, and ensure solicitors are well-informed about the ongoing programmatic work and priorities of the organization.
- Motivate, engage, and train organizational solicitors and ambassadors (Executive Director, development and program staff, board members, and lay leaders) to maximize their fundraising outreach efforts to secure major annual gifts. Provide ongoing training opportunities and a culture of appreciation for solicitors.
Grow our Major Gifts Campaign
- Build a prospect pipeline, creatively cultivate, and solicit major individual gifts (four, five, and six-figures), both directly and indirectly through board, staff and lay leaders.
- Similarly, prospect, cultivate, and solicit foundation support, and oversee relevant reporting and compliance work in the development and finance departments.
- Strengthen our major gifts campaign strategy and related structures.
- Develop and implement a well-organized donor cultivation strategy and information system in our CRM. (JCRC is actively moving from eTapestry to Salesforce).
- Work closely with the Chair of the Board Development Committee to communicate with and engage Board and Assembly members to attend programs and secure gifts.
Lead Fun and Successful Fundraising Events
- Lead fundraising and direct staff and lay implementation of “JCRC Behind the Scenes,” JCRC’s longstanding annual spring fundraising gala. This includes overseeing fundraising, operations, programming, marketing, creative, and engagement with event leadership and honorees. Directly and through solicitors, secure sponsors, and leverage the gala as a major fundraising, community outreach, and JCRC marketing opportunity.
- Similarly, lead fundraising and direct staff roles related to parlor meetings and other smaller-scale fundraising meetings and events to grow the JCRC campaign.
Ensure Efficient and Sustainable Development Operations and Marketing
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and expand marketing and small/medium-gift annual campaign fundraising activities, to schedule and execute mass mail and email campaigns, to implement social media engagement and fundraisers, and to provide donors and prospects with JCRC collateral and ongoing program information.
- Oversee ongoing development operations, including donor acknowledgement and thank you letters, personal touch memos from lay and staff leaders/solicitors, pledge collections, monthly payment processes, oversight of website donation page, upkeep of solicitation talking points, and more.
- Analyze donation data and use results to define and refine development strategies.
- Oversee staff work related to CRM system and ensure development processes are properly implemented and maintained.
- Direct Supervisor – Tyler Gregory, Executive Director
- Supervisees – Development Manager, Grants Manager/Writer, and Administrative and Development Associate
Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in fundraising and donor cultivation and stewardship.
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, JCRC provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, an employee-contributed vision insurance plan, early closure for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, days off for Jewish holy days that fall during the work week, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to Hallie Baron, email@example.com. No phone calls please.