Development/Program Events Manager
The San Francisco-based Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) is embarking on a new strategic plan to address rising antisemitism and hate, delegitimization of Israel, widening racial and economic inequities, and a weakening of our democracy in the Bay Area and across our state. To help us accomplish our work, we are seeking a driven, skilled, creative and organized professional to serve as our Events/Program Manager.
It is an exciting time to join the team at JCRC, as we return to in-person events around the Bay Area and offer an expanded suite of virtual events to engage new and existing donors and members of the Jewish and larger community.
This position will work closely with staff members from our community relations, development, marketing, finance and Jewish Coalition for Literacy teams to plan, coordinate, and execute events. At times, there may be multiple events being planned simultaneously, so excellent project management, problem solving and multitasking skills will be critical, as will being able to stay cool under pressure.
Event Development and Management
- Assist with the development of the vision and structure of major fundraising and program events such as JCRC’s upcoming 75th anniversary gala, the annual Freedom Seder, Israel trip alumni events, and more.
- Develop and implement robust sponsorship recruitment plans for relevant events, in collaboration with development and program staff.
- Develop a detailed workplan for each event including goals, timeline, budget, sponsorships, logistics, responsibilities and outcomes.
- Keep event workplan regularly updated as event production progresses.
- Lead meetings with staff about event production and keep them updated about progress.
- Ensure that events meet budget and sponsorship goals.
- Collaborate with marketing and other relevant staff on event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing.
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies/decorations, coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation, make travel arrangements if necessary.
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment as needed.
- Manage the staff and volunteers working at the event.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event.
- Prepare budget progress reports for relevant staff for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments and visits to see venue space, and schedule events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination
- Experience creating, executing and managing fundraising events ranging from small parlor events to large galas
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Creative and original thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, JCRC provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, an employee-contributed vision insurance plan, early closure for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, days off for Jewish holy days that fall during the work week, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment. Flexible hybrid work schedule with an office in San Francisco and some Bay Area travel to events.
Salary Range: $80,000 to 90,000
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to Hallie Baron, email@example.com. No phone calls please.