Digital Communications Consultant
The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) seeks an experienced, passionate and creative Digital Communications Consultant to assist in the maintenance of its online channels to better connect with members, funders and prospects. The successful candidate will be a digital marketing professional with a keen understanding of how to leverage technology and messaging to support a variety of programs and initiatives, as well as to develop general brand awareness. This is a one-year, part-time, contract position with the possibility of extension or renewal.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Communications Consultant will provide guidance, assistance and project management in the following areas:
- Social Media: Includes creating online assets and planning, implementation, management and monitoring social media campaigns for both JCRC (on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and the JCRC Invest in Peace Initiative (currently on Facebook and Instagram, but potentially expanding to other platforms in the year ahead)
- Daily activities will include writing and running general social media posts to grow and engage our audience.
- Weekly activities will include reporting monitoring and reporting outcomes back to the team.
- Monthly activities will include crafting and posting compelling social media ads to grow followers and emails subscribers and to improve fundraising efforts
- Communications Calendar: Maintain the JCRC communications calendar to coordinate the team, assure that there is not scheduling conflicts or redundancy, and guarantee holidays and events are not missed or neglected
- Event Support: Manage social media platforms in support of JCRC and Invest in Peace events, including recruitment, promotion and hosting (Facebook Live, etc.) as needed
- General Outreach/Advocacy Support: Create and manage communications that feed into and inform the aforementioned social media campaigns, including broadcast emails (Mailchimp) and advocacy campaigns (Salsa Engage).
- Other: Support other content creation as needed, including website content, blog posts, talking points, fact sheets, print collateral, and light video editing and YouTube posting
Qualifications and requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager, or similar role, preferably on behalf of a nonprofit organization or political campaign
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media posting, advertising, community management and general best practices
- Understanding of social media analytics and web traffic metrics
- Experience with audience research
- Excellent communications and multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies and social media trends
- Team player with good time-management abilities
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience with Mailchimp, Microsoft Office, Wordpress, Expression Engine and Box helpful
- Marketing and graphic design background a plus
JCRC is a fast-paced, dynamic environment whose mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. We foster collaboration, celebrate accomplishments, and seek highly talented and well-informed individuals to be part of our diverse team.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to JCRC Director of Marketing and Communications Jeremy Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.