Digital Marketing and Communications Associate
The Jewish Community Relations Council of the San Francisco Bay Area (JCRC) is seeking an energetic Digital Marketing and Communications Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a keen understanding of social platforms, who knows how to leverage messaging in support of differing programs and initiatives while advancing brand awareness to diverse audiences. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications and requires collaborating across various teams. Activities will include creating posts to engage our audience, crafting ads to grow our followers and email subscribers, and advancing our online fundraising efforts. We’re looking for someone with killer copywriting skills, an eye for design, and strong social game. Location flexible, but Bay Area preferred.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing and Communications Associate will develop and implement strategies to increase social media engagement and reach through the creation and dissemination of digital content. The Associate will set goals and track KPIs, help develop fundraising campaigns, and shape digital strategy for advocacy campaigns to engage constituents, while providing guidance, assistance, and project management in the following areas:
- Social Media: Assist in the management JCRC’s social media channels (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn), including responding to community inquiries and engaging with influencers. Implement, manage, and monitor campaigns for both JCRC and the JCRC Invest in Peace Initiative (on Facebook and Instagram). Support of JCRC and Invest in Peace events via recruitment, promotion, and hosting (Facebook Live, etc.). Monitor and report outcomes back to the team using native data tools and Google Analytics.
- Graphic Design and General Support: Design eye-catching campaign graphics and assist in the creation of communications that feed into and inform the social media campaigns, including broadcast emails (Mailchimp) and advocacy campaigns (Salsa Engage). Support other content creation as needed, including website content, blog posts, talking points, fact sheets, print collateral, and occasional YouTube posting.
- Communications Calendar: Maintain the JCRC communications calendar to coordinate the team, assure no scheduling conflicts or redundancy, and guarantee important Jewish and interfaith holidays and events are not missed or neglected.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience, including work as a Social Media Manager, or similar role, preferably on behalf of a nonprofit organization or political campaign.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communication, or creative art preferred.
- Versed with publishing social media advertising content optimized for engagement, including a variety of targeting strategies.
- Writing that’s urgent, compelling, and clearly communicates in a consistent voice.
- Creative thinking that finds new ways to tell engaging stories.
- Strong editorial and analytical skills.
- Experience documenting and reporting on marketing metrics.
- Experience with graphic design and photo editing tools.
- Eagerness to explore and experiment with new social tools and trends.
- Team player with good time-management abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Pardot, website CMS systems (e.g. WordPress, SquareSpace, Expression Engine), and Box a plus.
JCRC is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. We foster collaboration, celebrate accomplishments, and seek highly talented and well-informed individuals to be part of our diverse team. The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to JCRC Director of Marketing and Communications Jeremy Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Social Media Manager application” in the subject line. No phone calls.