Digital Marketing and Communications Associate
The Jewish Community Relations Council of the San Francisco Bay Area (JCRC) is seeking an energetic Digital Marketing and Communications Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a keen understanding of social platforms, who knows how to leverage messaging in support of differing programs and initiatives while advancing brand awareness to diverse audiences. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications and requires collaborating across various teams. Activities will include creating posts to engage our audience, crafting ads to grow our followers and email subscribers, and advancing our online fundraising efforts. We’re looking for someone with killer copywriting skills, an eye for design, and strong social game. The preferred candidate will also have a deep understanding of Jewish culture, holidays, and political stances of the organization if possible. Location flexible, but Bay Area preferred.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing and Communications Associate will develop and implement strategies to increase social media engagement and reach through the creation and dissemination of digital content. Day-to-day workflow includes creating graphics that support JCRC’s messaging and activities, posting to social media based on staff recommendations, and maintaining a communications calendar to track important holidays and events. The Associate will set goals and track KPIs, help develop fundraising campaigns, and shape digital strategy for advocacy campaigns to engage constituents, while providing guidance, assistance, and project management in the following areas:
- Social Media: Assist in the management JCRC’s social media channels (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn), live tweet events, request photos from JCRC staff in the field for posts, facilitate requests. Implement, manage, and monitor campaigns for both JCRC and the JCRC Invest in Peace Initiative (on Facebook and Instagram). Support of JCRC and Invest in Peace events via recruitment, promotion, and hosting (Facebook Live, etc.). Report analytics back to team.
- Graphic Design and General Support: Design graphics based on staff requests, submit final product to requestor for approval or changes. The ideal candidate will excel in producing content based on staff requests and is comfortable collaborating with upper management rather than working in a solo creative role.
- Communications Calendar: Maintain the JCRC communications calendar using project management software (monday.com) to guarantee important Jewish and interfaith holidays and events are not missed or neglected.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience, including work as a Social Media Manager, or similar role, preferably on behalf of a nonprofit organization or political campaign.
- Qualified candidates should have experience in graphic design and social media brand management.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communication, or creative art preferred.
- Versed with publishing social media advertising content optimized for engagement, including a variety of targeting strategies.
- Writing that’s urgent, compelling, and clearly communicates in a consistent voice.
- Creative thinking that finds new ways to tell engaging stories.
- Strong editorial and analytical skills.
- Experience documenting and reporting on marketing metrics.
- Experience with graphic design and photo editing tools.
- Eagerness to explore and experiment with new social tools and trends.
- Team player with good time-management abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Pardot, website CMS systems (e.g. WordPress), and Box a plus.
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, JCRC provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, an employee-contributed vision insurance plan, early closure for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, days off for Jewish holy days that fall during the work week, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment.
JCRC is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. We foster collaboration, celebrate accomplishments, and seek highly talented and well-informed individuals to be part of our diverse team. The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $70,000
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to Hallie Baron, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.