Jewish Community Relations Council of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, Sonoma, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties (JCRC) is the central public affairs arm of the Bay Area’s organized Jewish community. JCRC’s mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. It works to ensure the rights and protection of Jews as individuals and as a community here and abroad, and to strengthen democratic values and institutions in the United States.
The Board of Directors of JCRC is seeking the next dynamic Executive Director to lead this cutting-edge public affairs and community relations organization. JCRC, through its member organizations, represents the organized Bay Area Jewish community in complex community and government relations, legislative affairs, support of a strong U.S.-Israel relationship, as well as inter-ethnic and interfaith coalition building efforts. JCRC is a fast-paced dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and consensus, celebrates individual and collective accomplishments, and cultivates and nourishes a dedicated and talented team.
The Executive Director will provide executive leadership and management for JCRC’s external relations and thought leadership as well as programs and internal operations. The Executive Director works in partnership with the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will bring the following experience:
- Leadership and management experience of people and organizational finances, including a multimillion-dollar P&L, budgeting and forecasting.
- Successful work in partnership with an engaged and passionate Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated track record in community and governmental relations.
- Successful fundraising abilities.
- Service as an organizational spokesperson.
- Track record of building effective community connections, coalitions, and collaborations.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, community, and issues in the San Francisco Bay Area is preferred.
- An undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree is a strong plus.
With the objective of inclusive consideration, while JCRC expects its next Executive Director will have senior level management experience, it will consider candidates with other unusual or extraordinary qualifications who lack this specific experience.
A competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, will be offered based on experience. The full Position Specification are available here.
Inquiries, cover letters and resumes will be accepted until 15 November 2019 and should be submitted to:
Sally Carlson, Managing Partner
415.433.2299 office; 415.203.5259 mobile; firstname.lastname@example.org