Program and Operations Assistant
The Program Assistant plays a critical role in supporting a number of JCRC staff and functions to help the organization do its important work. The applicant must bring energy, initiative and the ability to juggle multiple priorities to the work. This position requires the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, an attention to detail and deadlines with exceptional follow-up skills, independent judgement and excellent analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills. The candidate must enjoy being part of a collaborative team of professionals. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in San Francisco.
CEO Administrative Support
- Coordination of calendar and scheduling, including internal and external meetings
- Prioritization of and responding to incoming phone and email communications, including meeting requests, issue management and other concerns directed to and between the CEO, donors and external community members
- Preparation of expense reports, travel arrangements, and reservations for local, national and international travel
- Drafting of regular correspondence and development of templates for standardizing responses
Board of Directors Administrative Support
- Scheduling, setting up and communication for Board meetings, including alerting security if meeting onsite
- Secure meeting locations, handle lunch orders, etc.
- Preparation of materials for Board meetings, including collection and distribution of handouts
- Attend Board meetings to take notes, act as co-host for meetings done by Zoom
- Manage electronic and other files related to the Board and board meetings
- Update materials for Board orientation and handbook
Community Relations Team Administrative Support
- Schedule and administer/manage Zoom meetings and webinars
- Council meetings: Set up and help administer Zoom meeting, send email reminders with materials, take/edit/get approval of minutes. (If/when in-person meetings, return, handle other administrative elements such as catering and A/V)
- Schedule and assist with preparation distribution of meeting materials for Assembly Committee meetings, either through Zoom or in person
- Update and track data in excel. Serve as the day-to-day Salesforce entry user for the community relations team (mid- and longer term); logging meetings and touch points with Jewish and civic leaders and organizations, updating data in existing accounts and creating new accounts, and working with the Salesforce Administrator to run reports and analytics for the Community Relations staff.
- Assist with correspondence needs, including large mail merges such as calendar of Jewish observances and outreach to civic, elected, and Jewish leaders.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating participation in meetings with elected officials and other civic and community leaders
- Complete web research on policy issues and other topics as needed
- Handle other administrative tasks as requested
- Help secure and coordinate work with venues, caterers, etc. as needed for various meetings and events
- Coordinate audio/visual/technology needs and other set-up requirements
- Help with invitations and RSVPs as needed
- Help with registration/check-in troubleshooting, and assist staff with other needs
Office and Systems Administrative Support
- Serve as first point of contact anyone calling/emailing JCRC, including monitoring general email and vmail boxes
- In the office, ensure that copy, fax, and postage equipment is always working, and coordinate with Director of Finance and Administration to contact vendors when servicing is necessary.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail.
- Manage unsubscribes and other regular email lists updates, including list cleaning and the routine transfer of new subscribers from the Salesforce donor database
- Administration assistance for Box, Zoom, Intermedia (VoIP), SurveyMonkey and Office 365
- Miscellaneous assistance with special projects and events
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with people from varied backgrounds in a professional manner on the phone, via email and in person
- Ability to plan and prioritize workflow, with a track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office, Internet research, Zoom administration, organizational skills. Experience with Salesforce as plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to handle new and evolving duties and roles as needed
- Flexibility with work hours to assist with some weekend and evening events.
Salary Range: $60-$65,000
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer