The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) seeks an energetic, organized, detail-oriented multitasker to fill its Program Assistant role to support a number of staff and functions to help the organization do its important work. He/she must enjoy being part of a collaborative team of professionals. This is a full-time position based in San Francisco.
- Supporting the Executive Director, including coordination of calendar and scheduling; responding to incoming phone and email communications, preparation of expense reports, travel arrangements, and reservations for local, national and international travel; and drafting correspondence and development of templates for standardizing responses
- Supporting the Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings, preparing materials, taking notes at meetings, managing files and updating materials for Board orientation and handbook
- Administrative and Project Support for various departments, including Zoom and in-person (when possible) meeting administration, meeting reminders/minute taking and other meeting-related elements.
- Maintain various lists and databases and handle mass emails as requested.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating participation in meetings with elected officials and other civic and community leaders.
- Complete web research on policy issues and other topics as needed
- Handle other administrative tasks as requested
- Manage unsubscribes and other regular email lists updates, including list cleaning and the routine transfer of new subscribers from donor database
- Administration assistance for Box, Zoom, Intermedia (VoIP), SurveyMonkey and Office 365
- Miscellaneous assistance with special projects and events
- Work with the Executive Director and other staff to coordinate JCRC’s annual Israel trip, including creating invitations, collecting responses, creating related materials, coordinating participant orientation and making travel arrangements
Qualifications and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with people from varied backgrounds in a professional manner on the phone, via email and in person
- Ability to plan and prioritize workflow, with a track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office, Internet research, website back office management, meeting schedulers, CRM databases (particularly eTapestry)
- Flexibility and willingness to handle new and evolving duties and roles as needed
JCRC is a fast-paced, dynamic environment whose mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. We foster collaboration, celebrate accomplishments, and seek highly talented and well-informed individuals to be part of our diverse team.
Compensation and benefits
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, JCRC provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, an employee-contributed vision insurance plan, early closure for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, days off for Jewish holy days that fall during the work week, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to Hallie Baron, email@example.com. No phone calls please.