Public Affairs and Civic Engagement Manager
The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) seeks a dynamic, experienced, articulate Public Affairs and Civic Engagement Manager to deepen and manage the public affairs, community relations and advocacy work of our organization on the Peninsula. This is a full-time position.
- Mobilizing grassroots Jewish activists to advance JCRC’s goals
- Maintaining strong connections with and involvement with public officials, civic, faith and ethnic leaders through civic and single-issue coalitions and organizations
- Executing community relations plans to address issues of concern
- Serving as the JCRC’s ambassador at Peninsula Jewish and civic functions and building awareness of and support for JCRC
- Event planning and execution
Qualifications and requirements:
- Five to seven years of professional work experience in one or more (combined) fields: public affairs, government relations, community outreach, grassroots organizing, political affairs and/or fundraising
- Demonstrated knowledge of, connections to and/or work experience on the Peninsula, particularly in the civic arena
- Political savvy and strategic thinking
- Strong communicator with excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Strong commitment to organizational mission
- Commitment to and engagement with civic affairs
JCRC is a fast-paced, dynamic environment whose mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. We foster collaboration, celebrate accomplishments, and seek highly talented and well-informed individuals to be part of our diverse team.
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, JCRC provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, an employee-contributed vision insurance plan, early closure for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, days off for Jewish holy days that fall during the work week, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and resume to:
Hallie Baron, Associate Director